Re: Best Ethernet Card

Leszek Gerwatowski <bigl@tg.com.pl> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Can anyone tell me which 100MB Ethernet Card is best for Debian (driver
> quality, stability, support and also performance)? I'm planning to switch
> to 100MB Ethernet Network and want to be shure that my new network card
> will work without any problems.
>
> Thanks in advance!

The current wisdom says to avoid the 3com 3c905, and go with a DEC
"Tulip" based card.  I do know from personal experience that the 3c905
has problems - haven't tried a Tulip card yet, but will be using one
very soon.

The other card I see mentioned a lot, but never see much as far as
recommendations, is the Intel EtherExpress 100.  Anyone have any
thoughts on those?

Later,
	Dale

--
| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |