Re: dpkg uninstalled package...

Viorel ANGHEL <vang@advatech.logicnet.ro> wrote:
> I installed some custom packages in /usr/local. Now, when
> i install other packages which depends on that, dselect says
> that "x depends on y; hower y is not installed" (but y is in
> /usr/local, manually instaled.
>
> How can i tell to dpkg that i have the package `y' ?

Get my package "equivs-1.0.3-1.deb-unoff.src.tar.gz" from
"ftp://ietpd1.sowi.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/source/"; and
customize it according to your needs. It is a dummy package useful for
exactly this purpose. It's about time to contribute it officially...

                                  Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig