Re: dpkg uninstalled package...

> I installed some custom packages in /usr/local. Now, when
> i install other packages which depends on that, dselect says
> that "x depends on y; hower y is not installed" (but y is in /usr/local,
> manually instaled.
>
> How can i tell to dpkg that i have the package `y' ?

One way is with dselect, just select the stuff you want and if the
dependency problems pop hit x to overide them.  Note that .deb packages
will probably not be configured to look for things in /usr/local, so you
will probably have to edit config files before things work.  Also, many
programs will have compiled in places that they look, which will mean you
will need simlinks.  The best thing is probably just to install the
package that provides what you now have in /usr/local.

__
I like six eggs when starting on a journey.  Fried - not poached.  And
mind you don't break 'em.  I won't eat a broken egg.
                                              -- Thorin Oakenshield