Re: Best Ethernet Card

On Fri, Sep 12, 1997 at 01:09:24PM -0400, Dale Martin wrote:
> The current wisdom says to avoid the 3com 3c905, and go with a DEC
> "Tulip" based card.  I do know from personal experience that the 3c905
> has problems - haven't tried a Tulip card yet, but will be using one
> very soon.

The Tulip cards seem to suffer from minimal braindamage.  They are cheap
and fast.  Some people have driver problems which seem to be related to
the way different models implement the SROM.  I've 10-T cards from DEC,
Kingston, and Linksys without any trouble at all.  I would expect similar
results from the 100Mb stuff.

Jeff