Re: lftp

 In addition to being unable to understand the problem discription,
it is most possible that I would not be able to find the solution. Since
the program hangs, it might first be worth to verifing local directory
permissions, then use strace(1) for more clues (and, yes, I agree! ncftp
is using ncurses and in all likelihood tracing it will not be gratifying. )

If the reget command to ftp(1), or the get -C of comand of ncftp(1) will
not be of much help and you would rather try fresh with one more ftp client,
there is also sftp. It is a new ftp client uploaded few days ago.

Package: sftp
Depends: libc6
Maintainer: Christoph Lameter <clameter@debian.org>
 Small ftp client, tries to be fast and efficient to use. Supports
 background downloading.

On Mon, Sep 08, 1997 at 05:48:49PM -0400, Ralph Winslow wrote:
> I've been trying to download a large file (~32Mb) without sucess using
> ftp and ncftp, so I pulled lftp (because it advertises that it will
> checkpoint).  When I try to download, however, it seems not to do
> anything.  For example:
> lftp ftp.corel.com
> ls
>
> and it just hangs.  Same if I do "cd pub" instead of ls.  Anyone spare a
> clue for the clueless?
> --

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida