Re: lftp

ioannis@flinet.com writes:

> Since the program hangs, [...]

I wouldn't bother trying to track it down.  The problem is easily
reproducible with the lftp in 1.3.1 but not with the one in hamm, the
problem appears to have been fixed somewhere between 0.10.0 and
0.12.2.

> If the reget command to ftp(1), or the get -C of comand of ncftp(1)
> will not be of much help and you would rather try fresh with one
> more ftp client, there is also sftp. It is a new ftp client uploaded
> few days ago.

What Christoph fails to mention (and what is mentioned in the README
for the package itself) is how buggy sftp is.  lftp from hamm works
fine, and I understand Raplh is going to try that.

--
James