Re: K Desktop Environment

Hi.  I have tried the latest KDE .deb packages there and have found that
the kfm file manager locks up and core-dumps on a regular basis.  I have
had more luck compiling from scratch, but currently I can't get kpanel to
compile because I seem to be missing something called 'msgfmt'.
Apparently my friends who have openwindows have it, but I haven't been
able to locate it in Debian.

Finally, KDE is impressive, but I think before I switch from my current
WM to KDE for good, I would like to see them slim it down and make it
run faster.  Right now, even with 32M, I really notice that it is taking
a big chunk out of my memory, and when I have other fat apps like Netscape
Communicator going at the same time, the whole system really suffers.

Ben.