Re: K Desktop Environment

If you still need msgfmt, install the xview-dev package. Apart from the
usual libc5 and X packages xview-dev also needs the main xview package.
The xview packages are in the X11 section.

Ben wrote:

> Hi.  I have tried the latest KDE .deb packages there and have found that
> the kfm file manager locks up and core-dumps on a regular basis.  I have
> had more luck compiling from scratch, but currently I can't get kpanel to
> compile because I seem to be missing something called 'msgfmt'.
> Apparently my friends who have openwindows have it, but I haven't been
> able to locate it in Debian.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland