Re: X11R6?

> > I have installed a Debian 1.2 from a Infomagic CD. It seems to be
> > incomplete and I had a some trouble with some files.
>
> Yes, there are often problems with the Infomagic cd's. Their 1.2 cd's
> seem to be particularly troublesome.

I have one of these CD's also, with lots of problems with X.  I am having
trouble upgrading via the ftp method.  I choose pretty much the standard
options, and it hangs like this:

Using FTP to check directories...(stop with ^C)

Connecting to ftp.debian.org...
Login as anonymous...

Then nothing.  Now here is the sad part:  It was working less before, and
I got an error on line 7 of a script (the name of which I forget).  I
forget what I did to fix this error exactly, I think it had to do with
getting the new dpkg-ftp installed, although I think I thought I had done
that before.  Unfortunately, I had already edited this script in an effort
to fix things, it was a line with ftp:Net or something like that in it.  I
suspect this may be what is getting me.  I reinstalled dpkg-ftp in an
effort to fix this problem, but no luck.  Would it be helpful and safe to
purge and reload dpkg itself (mayby that is where the script is)?  I am
reluctant to try it.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.