Re: Cursor vanishes when LILO loads and doesn't return

From: Michael Rokicki <d028209c@dc.seflin.org>
> processor	: 0
> cpu		: 386
> model		: unknown
> vendor_id	: unknown
> stepping	: unknown
> fdiv_bug	: no
> hlt_bug		: no
> fpu		: no
> fpu_exception	: no
> cpuid		: no
> wp		: no
> flags		:
> bogomips	: 7.96

It's pretty clear the kernel knows what CPU it is.

> my environment has "HOSTTYPE=i586".  It's an AMD chip.

Tell me what the output of the "arch" command is, please.

> I didn't make myself clear, for example: in ms-dos I used "debug" to put
> together the utility needed to turn my cursor back on.

Oh. It's slightly harder under Linux because the system is in protected mode.
Can you tell me exactly what you type into "debug"?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html