Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

From: schizo@debian.org (Clint Adams)
> Did I miss the developer vote on the version numbering scheme change?

A while ago we held a vote on the leadership of the project. The developers
strongly rejected the idea of a "Roman Senate" where all decisions would be
voted upon. They prefered to have an elected executive and ratified me to
hold that position and appoint other positions. I have held votes since then
when I felt that form of feedback from the developers was necessary. However
the only one I am required to hold is the annual vote for project leader.

The sense of the developers was that design-by-comittee could go wrong
and that a strong leader was necessary to guide the group. Excuse me for
bragging, but we've been incredibly successful under my leadership :-)

Want the job? It's available January 1. I'll decide whether I'm running
or not depending on who the candidates are. Let me warn you that it's
a really difficult job, it takes hours of your life every day, the pay
stinks, and you get lots of abuse.

	Thanks

	Bruce

Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   510-215-3502