Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 20:05:09 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

>> >On top of that, not everyone can donate time or resourses, but they can
>> >contribute money.
>>
>> To who? Am I a part of Debian.org? Do I have a vote.....even if I maintain 50
>> packages??
>
>Do you maintain even one?

No, but I am leading a project that uses Debian as it's base and will be finalzed in
5+ packages.

Somebody out there that does maintain alot of packages...Where you asked?

>About your other points: not worth to reply.

Thank you for sparing me yours.

>If you really need your own way, append a .1 with a black marker on all
>version numbers on screen.

It's not about .1 R1, or Asub1, to the 2nd power of 4.
It's about something that is frozen, actully staying frozen.
If the disc says 1.3.1, I should be able crccheck the whole damn thing against  the
master 1.3.1 dist, and have it come up clean.

Right NOW you can't even do that, and according to what bruce posted it is going
to get worse, for the benefit of some cd makers.