Re: [X] why does X kill my modem?

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:
>What IRQs are you using for all these? If you are sharing 3 and 4 between
>3 devices, that could be the problem.

ttyS0 and ttyS3 are IRQ 3
ttyS2 and ttyS4 are IRQ 4

I keep the modem (on ttyS4) separate from the mouse (on ttyS0) to avoid
conflicts.

The X10 controller on ttyS3 should not be a problem.  It uses a software
UART.  It *never* sends anything on its own.  It only sends something in
response to a query from my machine.  That only happens once a week in the
early morning hours to sync the controller's clock.  It also happens
occasionally to update the controller to adjust for seasonal changes.

All this works fine when X is not running.  This is why I'm puzzled to
what X is changing.

Any other ideas?

	Bob
--
Bob Billson, KC2WZ				  email: kc2wz@intercall.net
  (\       MS-DOS, you can't live with it.  You can live without it.    /)