Re: Show me the money Re: Donations to Debian

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 14:11:16 -0400, Marc W. Brooks wrote:

>Okay, I'm not sure where we disagree then. You admit that "In most cases it
>won't even be feasible", but this also means that in some cases, it would
>be feasible.

Could be...could.

>Why not give that option to people? Just wondering.

Because of the 'baggage' involved with having the corp IMHO is not worth it.
How much would it let us benift? The love of the product is why people donated.
For those that actually pay taxes, I doubt the write off would be a deciding factor.

Regardless of my feelings about the corp, the main issue to me has always been
the product.