gettyps, uugetty etc?

Hi,

Any pointer to info on the tty -vs- cua setup for modems? I just
installed Debian in place of Redhat (can I get an amen), and I used
to have to have two devices for one modem. ttyS1 for dial-in and cua1
for dialout. For dialout, I need it for PPP which works great, but
for UUCP from office to home, the modem refuses to pick up. I set up
all the sames stuff for uugetty, uucp and smail. Any pointers to FAQs
mailing lists etc will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Miguel