Re: Debian-lite

> That way, we can forgo the trouble of setting up a nice UI
> (additional work??) and at the same time can cater for beginners
> as well.  We just have to ensure that the questions are not
> excessively complicated (like IP-masquarading??) that they
> will stump the starters and our suggested setup works.
>
> Comments??
>
> :)
>

> 	Just me,
> 	Wire ...
> --
> Tan Wee Yeh		wytan@post1.com		tanweeye@iscs.nus.sg
> For PGP public key : finger -l tanweeye@fingerhost.nus.sg
> PGP fingerprint  =   EC A6 98 25 5B D9 38 40  74 BC 0C C9 0F 81 BE 92

I agree, you need to keep it simple and small on installation yet give the
admin the option of installing more stuff and reconfiguring things later.
My goal would be to get a system up and running in one of a few KNOWN
configurations.  If they want to go on and break something from there,
fine, but when the installation program is done, I want to be reasonable
sure that the admin is left with a working configuraiton (hardware
inconsistancies notwithstanding).

Gosh, I might start working on this sooner than I expected :) but I start
a new job next week so I am going to have my plate full for a little
while.

George Bonser
Why is it that the same people that tell us that manned space flight
is a waste of money also tell us that we have been visited by aliens?