Re: Mouse not working and delayed keyboad input

Now it's working again.  I have the advantage that I can boot off
of the Slackware root filesystem, and make changes.  Unfortunately
I still don't know what, if anything, I did to get it to stop
locking.  I am using /dev/psaux for the mouse, and /dev/ttyS1 for
the modem.  Both work.  Due to lack of support for my video card,
I run the (commercial) AccerleratedX server instead of XFree86,
but installed XFree86 3.3: they need the same fonts, libraries, etc.

I compiled a custom kernel under Slackware, and this is the kernel
I boot.  One possibility is that booting the out-of-the-box Debian
kernel puts my system in a bad state in which I have this keyboard
locking problem.

Another possibility is that my problem will return once I boot
without the external mouse plugged in.  It may have something to
do with compatibility with the the built-in trackpad.

I might also mention that my university-provided office machine
(a desktop) also has one of these ps/2 mice.  I also set /dev/mouse
to /dev/psaux and have no problem.

David