Re: Info(no)Magic April CDROM

H.C.Lai wrote:

> I have had problems install Debian with the InfoMagic April CDROM.
>
> I have used the last 3 CD sets released by InfoMagic and if my memory
> serves me right, I have encountered problems with each and every one of
> them. If I were a totally new guys trying to install Debian using these
> CD sets, I would probably give up and install other Linux distribution
> instead; and as a matter of fact, this was what one of my colleague did
> not too long ago.

Maybe you can't blame them for everything that went wrong with the debian
distribution included in their last cd-sets, but not mentioning the debian
installation in the booklet that comes with the cd-sets is unforgivable.

Next time, you may want to try LSL's or CheapBytes' _Official_Debian_ double
cd. Also a lot cheaper than InfoMagic, because you don't have to pay for the
RedHat and Slackware cd's.

Joost