Re: intall hang: 'unknown pci device'

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, felmon john davis wrote:
> When I use my trusty bootdisk (which I made months ago for my desktop
> machine), it _hangs_ on the error:
> WARNING: UNKNOWN PCI DEVICE (1039:5107). PLEASE READ
> INCLUDE/LINUX/PCI.H

My experience is that that message is just a warning - I get them for my
SCSI and video cards which work just fine.

But my newest machines' SCSI cards wouldn't work with the 1.2 boot disks
(which don't run NCR 875 cards except with a kernel patch) but are fine
with 1.3. So try downloading the boot disks from 1997-05-30 dated about
4 Jun 05:10 or later.
--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: d.wright@open.ac.uk  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151