Re: PCMCIA problems with Debian 1.3

tmiller  writes:
> Mark Phillips <mark@kurango.ist.flinders.edu.au> writes:

>> There have been a few people asking about problems with PCMCIA for
>> Debian 1.3.  The pcmcia-modules packages provided by Debian 1.3 are
>> broken.

> Odd; PCMCIA was the only major component that *didn't* give me
> problems when I installed on my laptop.

Me too (Toshiba 430CDS with PCMCIA modem).  However, before I even
tried to get at the modem, I'd recompiled the kernel to get APM and
soundcard support, and I'd made certain that the pcmcia package
version matched the version of the kernel sources (2.0.30).

Later I applied the e2compr patch to the kernel, and this did break
the pcmcia modules.  Recompiling them solved that.

--
Olaf Weber