Re: How Linux (and Debian) compare?

> Also, do we have any specifics on the number of systems currently running
> Debian?  If so are those numbers broken down by year?  Is there a way
that
> this sort of tracking could be automated within Debian's installation
> routines?  We need to blow our own horn if we can generate reliable
numbers
> that come anywhere near those listed in the article!!

It'd be interesting to know how many active Debian systems there are out
there!

> PS  My wife and I currently have 4 Intel systems running Debian, 1 DEC
Alpha
>   running RedHat and three Etherminals (X terminals running Linux from
>   EEPROM/NVRAM) in our two businesses.  With more Etherminals on the
way...

I've only been using Debian Linux for about 11 months now; however, I've
currently got 7 "production" and 2 more-or-less "development" machines
running Debian GNU/Linux 1.2.x - 1.3.x and all are connected to the
Internet.  All are acting as dial-on-demand "routers", mail servers, etc.
for roughly 200 users or so (I've never actually counted...).

Not bad for less than a year....  Oh, and I've only ever "registered" one
of these systems....

later,

Kevin Traas			Baan Business Systems
Systems Analyst		Langley, BC, Canada