Re: Installing from a pile of floppys

Luis Seidel Gsmez de Quero wrote:

> Hello,
> I've just installed Debian 1.3.1 on a 386SL laptop and everything is Ok
> for the base system. But now I would like to install some big packages
> with big .deb files that don't fit in a single floppy. Is there some
> preferred procedure for doing this?
>  (I have some clues: use a MsDOS partition to install form and dump the
> files zipped in several floppies, use some PLIP or SLIP to link to
> another computer, but all of these sound a bit hard for me. I'm pretty
> sure that somebody else has faced this problem before. Any advice?

Sorry if I don't understand you.

If you can make a back up in another computer your can have resolved
this problem. Let's see:

you can make a pakages backup. Put selected pakages in one directory, as
"seguridad"  then make (in this directory):

  find . -print | cpio -ocv > /dev/fd0

This backup pakages to floppy.

To recover the back up make, in your current directory:

  cpio -icvd < /dev/fd0

and.....yahoo...here is the pakages in your current directory.Now you
can install them.

> Thanks,

Sorry...this is spanish:

Gracias, de que? ...tambien soy español hombre...y ademas estudie en la
politecnica...mira tu por donde.

Espero haberte ayudado, aunque quizas no entendi bien la pregunta..me
avisas si no..ok?

bye