Re: Suggestion to future debian releases

> I think we might support more default packages in a system installed
> from CD eventually

     I think it would be better to try to reduce the size of the base
system as much as possible.  Perhaps the base install script could ask
the user if he wants to install ppp and networking programs, rather
than automatically include them.

     Several years ago, I installed a minimal Slackware installation on
a < 10 mb partition, with the intent of making an emergency/repair
tool.  Subsequently, I removed some files, and added a few others,
resulting in 5535 kb on a 6170 kb partition.  I still keep this
partition for emergency use.

     It would be very difficult to make such an installation with
debian.

Bob