Re: supported serial cards?

Lukas Eppler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does somebody know a good serial card with at least eight ports, which is
> simple to set up with Debian?
>
> Thanks,

I've just set up a machine with the Comtrol Rocketport. The install
was fairly easy. The loadable module you get off the net (written by
Comtrol, I believe) works great once loaded but I had to tinker with
the makefile to get the symbols set right for the kernel. I did some
minimal testing and throughput looks pretty good. We have the PCI
version and it uses no IRQs. It has 8 ports (DB25) on a breakout box
which connects to the card with a 25 pin cable included with the box.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com