Re: PPP connection dying

Casey Feskens writes:

>Still having problems keeping ppp from dying out.  Telnet works
>without any problems whatsoever.  So does ping.  FTP and Netscape
>seem to be the biggest problems.  FTP works fine until I begin
>downloading files.  It works for awhile, then my whole ppp connection
>begins to hang.  Same with netscape.  I can connect to a site or
>two, but soon enough it just hangs the whole connection.
>
>I have to kill all the processes to get out and then reboot the
>machine or redial 30 or so times to get a connection started again.
>
>Can anyone give me any ideas?  I need help desparately.
>
>Casey

Not that this is any help but all of a sudden I started getting the
same behavior with Debian 1.3.1 and Netscape 3.01 Gold.  However I can
repeat the failure by submiting a form in Netscape. This will freeze
my PPP connection until lcp-echo-failure kicks in and ppp dies.  Like
you the logs don't show anything usefull.  I used to not have any
problems with forms.  The only thing that I have changed is gone from
1.3.0 to 1.3.1 the one thing that changed besides all XFree86 v3.3
related files is libc5 from v23 to v33.  I think you said you were
using Debian 1.2 so there shouldn't be any relations here. Oh well,
more info for the masses I guess.

Anybody else have any hints, this IS really anonying.

Brian Servis