PPP problem with netscape and dselect

I'm fairly new to unix from an administrator's point of view.  I set
up my PPP awhile ago and for the most part it works just fine.  But
whenever I run netscape 3.0gold my connection hangs.  At first I
thought it might be a problem with multiple connections, but
I can run several telnet and/or ftp sessions without a problem.
Any ideas on how I can fix this?  ppp.log doesn't seem to help
much either.

The other question I had was regarding ftping through dselect.
I noticed some other people had problems with it as well, but
was wondering if anyone ever found a solution.

Thanks,

Casey