Re: trouble installing xserver

Hi,

As MAKEDEV reports an error in line 18 of /proc/devices:

> MAKEDEV: syntax error: Unexpected 'C', line 18, column 13 in file

and that line contains:

> 20 Mitsumi CD-ROM

the problem is very likely to be the space in the module's name. I don't
know if this is a bug in MAKEDEV or the Mitsumi CD-ROM module.

You can try to rmmod the module before you install xserver-vga, then the
device should not be registered anymore in /proc/devices.

If you were trying to install from cdrom, you'd have to copy the .deb to
harddisk first and install them manually.

Good luck,

Joost