Re: [Off-topic] AIC 7880 supported?

On 9 Jul 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

:Hi,
:
:sorry for this off-topic question. If someone provides me with the
:mailing list I should subscribe to ask these kind of questions I will
:be very grateful...
:
:I want to know if the AIC 7880 Ultra Wide SCSI adapter is supported
:by Linux. Also, is there any advantage in using a Pentium II instead
:of a normal Penitum or even a Pentium Pro?

The Adaptec 2940UW has the AIC7880 chipset on it, I believe, and it
works like a charm in Linux.  Our server has this hba, and two 4 gig UW
Seagate Barracudas attached to it.  I've had no complaints.

I think Dell uses Adaptecs exclusively ... if it's integrated onto the
system board I *think* it'll work.

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff

:I am looking at a Dell PowerEdge 2200 machine that is going to be
:a production file/Internet server. This machine has an AIC 7880 and a
:Pentium II.
:
:Thanks in advance.
:
:E.-
:
:--
:
:Eloy A. Paris
:Information Technology Department
:Rockwell Automation de Venezuela
:Telephone: +58-2-9432311 Fax: +58-2-9430323
:
:
:--
:TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
:debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .
:Trouble?  e-mail to templin@bucknell.edu .
: