Re: Problem with shell path in passwd

Hi again,

stupid me! I forgot to say how to do it:

o boot from rescue disk
o login as root without password
o mount your root-partition (e.g. 'mount /dev/hda2 /mnt')
o call ae to edit passwd file on root partition
  (e.g. 'ae /etc/passwd'

Regards,

	Andree

Note: Do not normally use a normal editor to edit passwd or group. Use
vipw and vigr, respectively. This makes sure that the file doesn't get
corrupted.
--
                     | Institute of Geophysics   phone: +49 40 4123 4389
 ANDREE LEIDENFROST  | University of Hamburg       fax: +49 40 4123 5441
    Geophysicist     | Bundesstrasse 55      e-mail: leidenfrost@dkrz.de