Problem with shell path in passwd

Help!

    I have installed debian 1.3 Linux on my pentium PC however, upon
changing the default root and user shells in the
/etc/passwd to /bin/tcsh I can no longer login as root. The computer logs
in but /bin/tsch is not found and logs straight out
again! I have tried ftp to this computer but it still looks for this file.
Is there anyway to change the boot up/login  process so it
does not look at this file but uses a default, or can one use the passwd
file on the rescue disk or custom boot disk( which is
what I use to boot the computer anyway).Or is there any other way to fix
this?

Robert

	   Robert Steward

	Department of Biochemistry