Re: Python and Postgres-questions

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Johann Spies wrote:

> 1. How do I add an extended module, written in C, to Python using the
> Debian-version of Python? (e.g. pg95 - Pygres95 for interfacing
> Postgres95).
>
> 2. Are there any debian-users using python as an interface to a PostgreSQL
> or Postgres95?
>
> 3. Is there a possibility that PostgreSQL 6.1 will be available in
> debian-format in the near future?
>
> I have previously asked questions relating this topic in this list and
> also to the maintainer of the debian-version of python but did not receive
> any answers that could solve my problems.
>
> Are there any Debian-python-users out there?

I've been a python user for about 2 hours of actual coding--just started
this weekend.  I tried to compile the mSQLmodule for python into the main
debian package source tree and create a new version, but it crashed
somewhere in the compilation of the modules [after mSQLmodule.c :-)].

I have some experience compiling debian packages, and I think I'll be
able to work this out, but I will also try to contact the python
maintainer about adding some of these interfaces to the freely available
database engines (mSQL is free for non-commercial use).

Syrus.