Re: Python and Postgres-questions

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > 1. How do I add an extended module, written in C, to Python using the
> > Debian-version of Python? (e.g. pg95 - Pygres95 for interfacing
> > Postgres95).
>
> Would something like SWIG be what you're looking for?

Thanks.  I am busy downloading SWIG, but I am not sure whether it will
solve the problem.  I am not an experienced python or postgres user,
but I will give it a try.

> http://www.cs.utah.edu/~beazley/SWIG/
>
> Well - there's a dpkg-python package, so there got to be somebody out
> there.. :-)

So far I could not get a solution to my problem either from this list
or the python-list.

Johann.

Johann Spies
jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za