Re: mc problem - solved.

On 6 Jul 1997, Paul Seelig wrote:

> J.J.Troup@comp.brad.ac.uk (James Troup) writes:
>
> > It's Debian policy (afaik) that as little as possible should go into
> > stable after release, and *definitely* as little as possible, if any,
> > new upstream releases.
> >
> This is very wise but i'd expect as well that stable should feature in
> any case released full versions of software instead of obsolete
> development releases.  Like i already stated above serious bugfixing
> has resulted into mc-4.0 and it is IMHO necessary to make an upgrade
> release of mc to the officially released and officially approved final
> release of the MC development team.

Considering the circumstances that:
- mc is now really quite out of date;
- going to hamm is quite a big leap (libc6),
I do certainly look forward to having mc-4.0 in Debian-1.3.x.

Until I am very sure that the transition to hamm and libc6 is a smooth
one, I will cherish Debian-1.3.x as very stable.

I will gladly test an mc_4.0.deb.

Cheers,

Joost