Re: USR Modem Hangs Intermittantly

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Britton wrote:

> I have a US Robotics Sportster 28,800, and it works, sort of.  However,
> every two or three minutes (give or take a minute or more) it hangs for
> about 30-200+ seconds.  It did on each of these last two lines *scream*.
> Same thing under Win95.  I know this is not my server is is very fast
> from a terminal on campus.  I have heard that this is a problem with USR
> Sportsters and that there is an init string type fix.  I couldn't find it
> anywhere on their web page or 'automated voice system' (read: crock of
> shit) though.  If anyone out there know how to solve this problem I would
> certainly like to know.

I think you need to add S12=0 to your init string.

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
 --------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------