Re: Is there anything more unstable than Netscape??

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, jim wrote:

> Since I get on average about 10 fatal crashes of netscape a
> day, when combined with the flaky behavior, I'd say that
> Netscape for linux is the most unstable but working application
> I've ever seen.
>
> Is anyone out there running netscape communicator 4.0b5 and
> having a good time???

Make sure you are using a libc that communicator likes. There are
notes on this that come with it. It does not like 5.4.20. I am
using 5.4.26 and have not had trouble with crashes. The kids have
still have an occasional crash while using communicator.

: W. Paul Mills          : Bill, I was there several years ago.     :
: Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A. : Why would I want to go back tomorrow?    :
: wpmills@midusa.net     : Where were you!                          :
: paulmills@bix.com      : Linux:     Tomorrow's operating system,  :
: paulmills@aol.com      :            here, today.                  :
: compuserve 70023,1750  : #define MY_TRUE_LOVE computer            :
 --------------  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  -------------