Re: Sound

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Darren Renaud wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:31:01 -0400
> From: Darren Renaud <renauddv@itsa.canadorec.on.ca>
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Sound
>
> I know this has probably been beat to death, but.... What happened to
> module sound support?

I only have looked at the sound support just recently ( got a soundcard
for my machine about a month ago ) and when I configure my kernel for
sound support, it doesn't allow it to be modular ( it's either compiled in
the kernel, or not at all ).  You will have to recompile your kernel with
SB 16/PRO support.  Then use the script included with the kernel source to
create the corresponsing /dev/ support.  That should work... did you do
that when you compiled your kernel?

Dennis

 It was there about a year ago, and I haven't had