SCSI times out with Jaz drive

I am having a problem with my new Jaz drive on my 6X86 p200+ system
with Debian 1.2. When I do a recursive copy of a large number of files
to an IDE drive my AHA-2940 times out occasionally, although it seems
to always recover and finish the copy.  I am using stock 2.0.27 kernel
with all SCSI options (except tape support) compiled into the kernel.
Has anyone seen this problem?

See below for the console output.  Thanks for any info.

Marty

<console output>
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 29134, scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0 Read (6) 14 be 69 08 00
kernel: aic7xxx: (abort) Aborting scb 0, TCL 4/0/0
kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 29134, scsi0, channel 0, id 4, lun 0 Read (6) 14 be 69 08 00
kernel: aic7xxx: (abort) Aborting scb 0, TCL 4/0/0
kernel: SCSI host 0 abort (pid 29134) timed out - resetting
kernel: SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
kernel: aic7xxx: (reset) target/channel 4/0
kernel: aic7xxx: (abort_reset) scb state 0x1, Data-In phase, SCSISIGI = 0x44
kernel: aic7xxx: (abort_scb) asserted ATN - bus device reset in message buffer.
kernel: SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 29134) timed out - trying harder
kernel: SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
kernel: aic7xxx: (reset) target/channel 4/0
kernel: aic7xxx: (reset_device) target/channel -1/A, active_scb 0
kernel: aic7xxx: (match_scb) comparing target/channel -1/A to scb 4/A
kernel: aic7xxx: (reset_channel) Resetting current channel A
kernel: aic7xxx: (reset_channel) Channel reset, sequencer restarted
kernel: aic7xxx: (done_aborted_scbs) Aborting scb 0, TCL=4/0/0
kernel: scsi0: Target 4, channel A, now synchronous at 10.0MHz, offset 15.