Re: DOS partition with linux

In message <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970627062824.14586B-100000@debian1.sssys.com>, writes
:

  >I created the following partitions on my PC with debian: linux, linux
  >swap space, and DOS 16bit >32MB on my PC.  I made the DOS partition
  >the bootable one.  Linux seemed to have continued to install
  >correctly.
  >
  >When I rebooted the computer, the computer did not start into
  >eithe.
  >
  >How do I install MSDOS in the DOS partition?

If you haven't yet installed DOS, use the DOS issue disks to install it; this
will automatically make the DOS partition active and bootable.

If you have installed DOS, boot from a DOS floppy and run
  C:\DOS\FDISK /MBR
to install the default DOS master boot record.

You will then need to have LOADLIN on the DOS partition in order to be
able to start Linux.

Alternatively, you may choose to use lilo as the boot loader; look at the
user documentation in /usr/doc/lilo.
Isle of Wight                      http://homepages.enterprise.net/olly