DOS partition with linux

I created the following partitions on my PC with debian: linux, linux
swap space, and DOS 16bit >32MB on my PC.  I made the DOS partition
the bootable one.  Linux seemed to have continued to install
correctly.

When I rebooted the computer, the computer did not start into
eithe.

How do I install MSDOS in the DOS partition?

How do I select the OS of choice for booting up?

Thanks ahead