Re: Debian got slammed

It would be nice if he got his facts straight, though.

The need for six disks for cd installation, for example.  I installed it
on a friends cd with two, which was two more than I needed.  I think one
of the installs on this machine was entirely from dos with loadlin.
Even if one makes tow disks, there's absolutely no reason not to put
base1_3.tgz onto the hard drive . . .

However, I do have to agree that the select program is *painfully* slow.
Particularly with the modules; it scans for modules (several seconds on
a 486/33) each time it changes to a modules screen.