Xwindows core dumps.

Ok, a new one for the list...

I went through the install of X, got it to where
the login for the console works, with shadow passwords.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that after I log in, and the default
blue screen for olvwm comes up, the Xserver crashes
and core dumps.

Any ideas? I can make a core dump available, if someone
really really wants to look at it...  :^>

Querry: Is an .Xdefaults (or whatever) file required in
my home directory? If so, where is this in the docs since
I seem to be unable to find it?

Curt-