Debian Documentation (was: Debian Books and First Comments....)

Maybe what we really need is a system by which we update the FAQs and
HOWTOs coming out of the Linux Documentation Project in Debian-Relevant
ways ... a small-scale Debian Documentation Project rather than whole
books.  Heck,  we could even publish a <tiny> booklet/pamphlet (I'm
talking 20 pages here,  available in Postscript or from the Debian
Project office for $2 plus shipping) explaining the difference between
Debian and Slack/Redhat/Caldera (and how to install debian).
	I like the FAQs.  They're usually more current than any book.
It's just tough sometimes because Debian doesn't present software as "pppd
version 2.3.41.2.3" but as "ppp-2.3.4.deb", and often the FAQ associated
with it contains information that's relevent not only to the .deb package
I've downloaded, but stuff that USED to be relevent for every other
release of the same software, and is now obselete.

	To me,  it's kinda fun to hack around and figure out exactly
what's going on.  But for debian to get far with those of us who aren't
full-time computer nuts,  we'll have to make things even more simple than
they already are.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@ecl.ude.edu