Re: striping, etc.

wow, that was fast :)

I've downloaded it, and read the docs.  I compiled the kernel with
support for these devices.

They will go on a machine with 3 200m ide drives, which will be a poor-man's
server.  My current thinking is to mount / on the first controller, and
use the other pair as /usr on the second interface.  /usr will be NFS
exported.  Or would I be better off putting the two /usr drives on
separate controllers?

also, would I be better off combining all three?  and finally, will
linear or raid0 give be better performance on ide drives (i know the
answer is raid0 on scsi).

rick