Re: striping, etc.

You want mdtools (the package) and md device support in the kernel,
wither compiled in or as a module.  Either works well.  I have two RAID0
partitions spanned across two 4 GB SCSI drives.  Works great.

The md commands actually have useful man pages.  If you need more info,
feel free to email.

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff