Re: How to deliver mail over the modem

On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Johannes Martinez wrote:

> I'll try this again, i have as yet been unable to post to this list.
>
> 	I have smail delivering local mail, i have fetchmail getting mail
> from my pop account.  How do i get outgoing mail to be delivered when i
> dial up?  what is the best program to use?  Do i have to change anything
> in pines config?

runq (part of smail) might do it. If pine is giving the mail to smail,
then configure smail to forward it to the smtp server provided by your
dialup. smailconfig calls it a smarthost.

> 	As well what works best to sort mail?  Is there also something
> that will rip stuff off the subject line?  I subscribe to a list that has
> [header:10293] attached to every message so that messages don't get
> threaded.

I use procmail to put the mail directly into pine folders. A lot of people
use it, so it's easier to get help.

> 	Any info about the best newsfeed program for a slow link?

Someone else can answer this one.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +