How to deliver mail over the modem

I'll try this again, i have as yet been unable to post to this list.

	I have smail delivering local mail, i have fetchmail getting mail
from my pop account.  How do i get outgoing mail to be delivered when i
dial up?  what is the best program to use?  Do i have to change anything
in pines config?

	As well what works best to sort mail?  Is there also something
that will rip stuff off the subject line?  I subscribe to a list that has
[header:10293] attached to every message so that messages don't get
threaded.

	Any info about the best newsfeed program for a slow link?

TIA,
johannes martinez