Re: Linux FS Question

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> When something is removed on a Linux box using the rm command, is the file
> gone for good or is it just removed from view while it remains on the disk?

Nope.  It's pretty much gone forever.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@ecl.ude.edu
			http://www.ecl.udel.edu/~lowe/

A thought:

this message has been brought to you by the number -7,  the letter ê and the
many,  many,  people who spent years and lifetimes and stuff and lotsa
money to invent email.  So I guess we could thank Ben Franklin,  'cause
without electricity,  we couldn't have ELECTRONIC mail.  Of course,
without the chinese guy who invented kites,  ol' Ben couldn't a' done his
stuff....   and wow,  that guy who invented string ....