Re: Release Date for Debian 1.3.1

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Buddha Buck wrote:

> Dale Scheetz said:
> > On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Lawrence Chim wrote:
> >
> > > What do you expect in Debian 1.3.1?
> >
> > The major push for 1.3.1 is to fix problems with the XFree86 packages.
> > They are currently in the process of being upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3. The
> > first round of testing showed up some minor problems that are being fixed
> > as we speak.
>
> Is the "upgrading to XFree86 3.3 makes Xemacs 19.15 dump core" problem
> one of the minor problems?  The two things I've been hearing people ask
> for the most in 1.3.1 is Xemacs 19.15 and XFree86 3.3.  If these two
> remain incompatable, a lot of people are going to be unhappy.
>
> Unfortunately, I've not the expertise or free disk space to try to
> solve either problem.

Time and space constraints keep me from contributing here as well. We will
simply have to leave the task to the maintainers and hope that they can
resolve the issues. Xemacs apparently makes heavier use of X services that
the standard emacs (which runs in X as well). I suspect that this may be a
library syncing problem.

Waiting is,

Dwarf