xemacs and tex

Hello,

I was using xemacs in conjunction with Latex in debian 1.2.

I recently updated to 1.3 latex was replaced by Tetex distribution and xemacs
became 19.14.1.

I have the problem that the tex-modes.el lisp file is now aged of years,
and do not recognize the latex2e format and display no menu on the menu bar.

Do you know if there is an adaptation of the equivalemt emacs file (which
do not work with xemacs) that is more recent? Or must I try to adapt it ?

Also, I work on a toshiba portable and when I have the toolbar visible
(under xemacs), each time the cursor encounter an icon, I get an error message on the mini-buffer that begin by :
  can't instantiate image (probably cached): [xbm :mask-file  /usr/...

followed by the path of the mask (that exists) and some of the bytes of the mask.

Except this noise and garbage on the mini buffer all seem to work ok !

If you have any hint on what to do or who to ask I would be very pleased.

  thank you and sorry for disturbing with perhaps trivial questions.

   Jean Thierry Lapreste