Re: NIS is broken in Debian 1.3!

Jim Pick wrote:

> > > ~> ypmatch rover passwd
> > > rover:V/8DB9sycYRnM:1017:1017::/home/rover:/bin/bash
> > > ~> su rover
> > > su: user rover does not exist
>
> > 'su' doesn't work, but 'login' does.
>
> Ok, I tested it and the 'su' from shellutils-1.16-2 works,
> but the 'su' from shellutils-1.16-4 doesn't (from unstable).
>
> I filed a bug report.
>
> Cheers,
>
>  - Jim

>                Part 1.2   Type: application/pgp-signature
> Did you resolve the problem?

> Cheers,

No, I haven't solved the problem. I tested the 'su' from
shellutils-1.16-2 and it didn't work for me. I believe the problem is a
mismatch between libc and the Debian NIS package. For me nothing works,
not only the system utilities like su and ls, but also my MTA (smail and
exim) which cannot see the users and aliases defined in the NIS maps.

--
Pedro I. Sanchez